Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Our little apartment was located in an area called Roncesvalles Village. It's basically the kind of




Traveling is a personal obsession of mine and I'm lucky to have a family that indulges me. I started this blog primarily to chronicle our trips. But since I don't get to travel nearly as much I'd like this is also a space for me to share my everyday life with friends and family (both near and far) with pictures and updates, rambles and rants, thoughts and dreams, and much more. I hope you enjoy!
Due to some crazy flight cancellations and changes - we ended up arriving in Toronto a night *earlier* than we planned. We were supposed to arrive in Buffalo, rent a car, stay the night with Melanie and then drive on to Toronto the next day. In order to *not* spend the night in La Guardia airport we opted to skip Buffalo and fly straight to Toronto. This meant that we had to skip the rental car - which turned out to be not such a bad thing. Toronto's public transit - while not as instantly easy to grasp as say the London Underground - was quite convenient once we got the hang of it.
We spent our first full day (a Saturday) in Toronto just exploring and getting know the lay of the land. Fortunately for us, most of downtown Toronto is laid out on a grid and is quite easy to navigate. I actually found that using the above ground Trolleys helped me understand the city so much better than if we'd been exclusively traveling underground in subways.
Our little apartment was located in an area called Roncesvalles Village. It's basically the kind of big city neighborhood that I've dreamed cheap mexico travel packages of living in all my life, but could never afford. The main thoroughfare (Roncesvalles) is lined with mom and pop shops and restaurants of all types, fruit stalls, etc. And the tree lined side streets are filled with beautiful historic homes. Our apartment was located in one such homes just a few convenient steps away from a trolley stop. We came to really cheap mexico travel packages love this neighborhood and it seemed like each day uncovered some new little hidden delight. Another nice feature is a HUGE park within walking distance. The lakeshore wasn't too far way either. cheap mexico travel packages After exploring so much of the city it's hard to imagine we could have been happier many other places.

No comments:

Post a Comment