Monday, October 29, 2012

EVERYTIME my husband and I rent a car we take photos of ANY damage to the car so they don t try to b




I wrote earlier about National s One-Two-Free fall promotion , and now they ve asked me to help promote it further and make it even easier to qualify for a free rental. You can even enter to win a two-piece luggage set and $100 gift card! The contest will run from today through 11:59 PDT on Sunday, October 28. I ll select a winner on Monday, pet travel services October 29, and put you in contact with National to claim the grand prize.
From now through January 31, 2013, every rental of two consecutive days or more will earn one credit pet travel services toward a free rental day. You must rent a midsize car or larger to qualify. pet travel services Two credits pet travel services are necessary to get one free rental day. In other words, a minimum of 2 x 2 days will earn 1 free day, and the more rentals you make the more free days you can earn. You can  read the full terms and conditions and register using this link . You must register prior to making your reservation.
One of the reasons I love renting with National is that as an Executive elite (free with a MilePoint Premium membership ) I can pick any car I want from the Executive Aisle, paying only the midsize price. Check out my post here which details how to find a good rate , using National as an example.
National has made it easier to qualify for a free day. After you make your contest entry on this blog, take a screenshot of your comment (e.g., Command + Shift + 3 on a Mac). Send that image, plus the name of this blog (Hack My Trip) and your Emerald Club membership number by email to OneTwoFree@ehi.com . Your email will qualify you for one additional credit, pet travel services meaning you only have to make one rental to earn your first free day!
You can also earn a free credit by referring friends through Facebook, pet travel services etc. You ll get a unique referral link after registering. I included pet travel services mine above, but feel free to share yours in the comments after entering the contest.
In addition to making it easier to get free rentals, National Car Rental has also provided me with a Traveler Truth Pack. Share your Traveler Truth to win this package with an estimated retail value of $499.98:
Tell me your Traveler Truth, your number one rule of the road that you follow to ensure that you have a safe, productive, inexpensive, and enjoyable trip. Do you sign up for every loyalty program you can find? Pack light to avoid checking a bag? Cook meals in a kitchenette pet travel services so you don t need to go out to eat? Ask for an upgrade every time you check-in? Whatever it is, National and I want to hear about it.
You can post a comment with your Traveler Truth in this blog post. Just make sure you use a real email address. Don t put the email address in the post itself; Disqus will prompt you for an address when you try to comment, and only I can see it.
You can enter through Twitter. Follow pet travel services @HackMyTrip and send me a tweet with your Traveler Truth. Include the hashtag #RentBetter at the end of your tweet so I can find it later and include it among the potential entries. For example:
Disclaimer: I receive no compensation from this promotion. I do receive credit if you use my referral link above, but anyone can refer a friend. I encourage you to share your link in the comments below after registering.
My trick is never to have my heart set on just one destination. To be thrifty both the airfare and hotel Gods need to be in financial alignment. I ve been lucky enough to scratch off quite a few of my most desired locations using this method.
I almost always check via mobile apps for flights but out of after being burnt more than once I almost always with mobile boarding pass in hand print paper BP after being sent back when mobile readers aren t working, mobile has died, and to have a record for expense purposes.
I try to use any discount I can. I m in the Army, so I usually pet travel services try that first, but if that fails I try asking for their employee discount, AAA, AARP, Senior pet travel services Citizen, Student, Loyalty Club,etc. Sometimes, receptionists and others appreciate my persistence and give me some sort of discount. Other times, they don t Either way, it gives them a good laugh and it typically puts them in a better mood
Rule #1)Everybody gets 1 roller. If the party is 2 it s a pretty steep correlation between luggage=chaos. Rule #2) I used to be that guy. When pre-check doesn t hit, the cabin bump doesn t clear, the lounge snacks aren t fresh or the suite upgrade isn t that corner unit. I take 20 seconds to look around and find some gratefulness by remembering it wasn t long ago that I used to get stuck with the compact rental pet travel services car, or peered into the platinum only area, and getting the left-over double bed rooms. So: nothing worthy of being a golden rule just my truths.
My Travel Truth is roll with it . Something will always happen to mess up your perfect pet travel services plan whether it s a flight delay, road construction, pet travel services crappy hotel room Most things can be fixed; just ask nicely and be reasonable. Getting all upset and screaming at someone will only raise your blood pressure and make others mad and less likely to help.
Mine is to always find out where the nearest grocery store or convience store is to the hotel i am staying at. Its always cheaper to grab water and a few essentials (fruit for me when travelling) at this than from the hotel itself. O and the nearest decent coffee place!
I have learned to plan for longer connecting times in the US at the beginning of an international trip to cover any unforeseen mechanical or weather delays. This usually means a layover of three hours or more if I can manage it. I have seen too many two hour layovers eaten up by problems and have missed two or three international flights in the past as a result. Sitting in a lounge for an extra hour or two is not nearly as bad as having to run like mad to try to catch a flight .only to miss it.
I do my best not to check luggage and try to have everything in my carryon; pet travel services regardless, pet travel services i pack as light as possible to avoid hauling pet travel services things through the airport, especially if connections are tight, pet travel services running around the airport with a carry-on is no fun!
If you travel out of the country (or somewhere in the US that might be in a remote area), it is best to call your credit card companies and let them know of your travel plans so they won t freeze your card
I always try to pack light and never check bags. I have trained my wife to do this as well. We have lost too much luggage. Especially when abroad, pet travel services this can be frustrating, so I only book rooms that have access to laundry.
My traveler truth is to stack the upgrade deck in my favor by using a seat inventory service (like ExpertFlyer) to help me select pet travel services a specific flight. pet travel services This strategy usually works for me and makes for a MUCH more comfortable pet travel services trip.
My traveler truth: Do everything I can to automate the process. pet travel services Online check in, carry on only, National Executive Selection. Much faster, easier, and more enjoyable not waiting in lines or dealing with unhappy people.
EVERYTIME my husband and I rent a car we take photos of ANY damage to the car so they don t try to blame us for anything that was there to begin with we also take photos of our passports as you ya just never know .
This might sound like common sense, but I m ALWAYS cordial with the customer service staff gate attendants, front desk clerks, rental clerks, etc . as they can easily affect the quality of your experience. I see far too many people yelling and screaming at a gate attendant for an issue that is not their responsibility. You can catch more bees with honey than vinegar.
Prepare and research your destination (and airports) well before the trip, double-check reservations, and take any travel disruptions in stride. And always remember that when you re polite to employees you encounter, they usually have the power to make your day go a lot better when something goes wrong.
My "Traveler Truth" is to be super nice, even more so than I usually am, to every person I come in contact with during pet travel services my travels. You never know when you might need help later on from someone you previously encountered. I even toss in something personal about myself or engage the other person in conversation so they have something to remember me by .just in case I need to go back to them at some other time and so they remember me. KARMA!
Research and planning pays off big time on a leisure trip know which days to go where, what you want to see, and how you are going to get between locations. But, when you are there be flexible don t limit yourself to your predetermined schedule and be open to that one-off experience that really brings a place home for you.
My travel truth is to rent a condo/studio where you are staying which is usually cheaper than a hotel and includes a full kitchen where you can prepare meals and snacks to take on your adventures. It is not only more comfortable, but saves money compared to a hotel and you don t have to eat out every meal!!!
My travel truth is I take full advantage pet travel services of all the benefits that come along with my credit pet travel services cards, of course the lounge access, but more important, GOES for speeding through security faster, and the immegration process for international flights.
Mine is pretty basic. Just be as nice as you possible can (without being fake of course) to folks you interact with. Sometimes it can open many many doors, and sometimes pet travel services you can just brighten pet travel services up someone else s day.
My travel truth is to always know my options. If I m flying to a remote European airport, I look up what the various Star Alliance options are should I need to leave sooner than expected. If I m driving somewhere, pet travel services I look to see the various routes to take. Always be prepared.
pet travel services Always pack at least one outfit for the occasion you are going to rolled up in your carryon. I have had my bag lost on the way to a legal proceeding and had to run out to buy something dressy at the last minute!
Don t sweat the small stuff. And it s all small stuff. No one is going to die if you don t get to [home | business meeting | beach] exactly at the appointed hour. Ok, if you re trying to

No comments:

Post a Comment