Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Keen observers who glanced toward my right side would have also noticed one other big variation that




The only real visible differences between us were the license plates; his had a typical blue-on-white Nova Scotia plate with Canada s Ocean Playground, while mine had green-on-white Ontario plates with Green Vehicle stamped at the bottom.
Two unseen differences would ve been the $5,000 rebate I would have received had I purchased my ride in Ontario, along with the unrestricted access I would have had on HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lanes in that province with my awesome green plates.
Keen observers who glanced toward my right side would have also noticed one other big variation that set my tester apart from the Prius Liftback, the Prius v extended hatchback wagon, and the Prius c subcompact hatchback a charging port.
The plug-in-electric technology was added to Toyota s celebrated Hybrid Synergy Drive system which has helped the Japanese automaker s hybrid offerings sip fuel on roads throughout North America since 2000.
Plugging in the PHV s cord, which was stored in a deep compartment beneath the cargo floor, into the car and into my garage outlet started the charge process, which stopped automatically when complete.
I could also partially charge the battery, and I didn t have to fully discharge before I recharged. The cord itself was configured to remain limber in the cold winter months when it was used outdoors.
In my case, I was able to make my regular 12.6 km trek to work each day (which included dropping my kids off at school) in electric mode only, but wasn t able to make it back home without the system reverting seamlessly back to regular enterprise rent a car free upgrade hybrid mode as my route took me a few extra kilometres to pick the kids up from their after-school program.
The PHV s interior, like the Liftback s we reviewed on these pages earlier this year, had lots of space for tall and wide front and rear passengers, while visibility for the driver was excellent from all view points.
Centre stack controls were simple to use, while those on the steering wheel allowed me to keep my eyes on the road when doing things like adjusting the volume or scrolling though my favourite station enterprise rent a car free upgrade on satellite or local radio.
Family-friendly items included three cup holders, two front-door bottle holders; a small holder with a flip-open lid on the floating stack (which I also used as a cupholder); a good-sized enterprise rent a car free upgrade glovebox with another flip-open storage spot directly above it; and a small armrest bin which housed the USB and Aux. ports.
My tester also included a neat function on the key fob which allowed me operate the remote air conditioning system with a press of the A/C button. The system would shut off if a door was opened and could be stopped by pressing the A/C button on the fob twice. A great feature for the summer months.
My base-model tester included plenty of other standard features, like a Smart Key system with push-button start, heated front seats with high-low function, cruise control, 15-inch alloy wheels, Bluetooth, streaming audio, navigation, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, heated enterprise rent a car free upgrade side-view mirrors, and SMS-to-speech/email-to-speech capability.
A Technology Package could be added for an additional $5,235; it offered a pre-collision system, premium enterprise rent a car free upgrade navigation, softex faux leather seating, a powered driver s seat, LED headlamps with auto-leveling sensor, headlamp washers, fog lights, and dynamic radar cruise control.
Hearse comes to smashing end Motorist sucked in by large hole on Dartmouth street Cyberbullying new face of violence against young women NDP, Grits clash over power rate plans Fish farms, lobster don't mix, expert says Halifax police warn of high-risk sex offender s release Daredevil enterprise rent a car free upgrade s jump from edge of space gives millions a moment of awe BODIES OF WORK: Building enterprise rent a car free upgrade a body from within Making an orange splash Salvage work on MV Miner runs aground
enterprise rent a car free upgrade

No comments:

Post a Comment