Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I can t tell you what to do, but option #1 or #2 (from the options above) make the most sense for me




Blog Travel Credit Cards Airlines Bank Reward Points Hotels Business Credit Card Resources Hot Deals New to Miles Points renting a car in italy Mile Point Resources Airline Award Charts Airline Frequent Flyer Program Sign-Up Hotel Reward Night Charts Hotel Reward Program Sign-Up About Contact Me
The #1 credit renting a car in italy card deal, every since I started blogging, has been the ability to get 2 Citi American Airlines cards (either the same card or different types) using the 2-browser trick .  Initially you could get 2 cards for 75,000 miles each, but last year the offer reduced to 50,000 miles.
But that s 100,000 American Airlines renting a car in italy miles for 2 cards , which is more than enough to go to Europe or South American in business class , or anywhere in the world in economy!  Just think about that 2 credit card sign-ups could get you a dream vacation!
Sure the Chase Sapphire renting a car in italy Preferred and American Express Starwood cards are good cards and you should eventually get them, but the travel opportunities unlocked with 100,000 miles from 2 Citi American Airlines cards is far, far superior to almost any other sign-up bonus available (except perhaps the 50,000 point Southwest cards for domestic travel) and don t let anyone tell you otherwise!
For the record, I don t get any referral for the 50,000 mile Citi American Airlines cards, but still list them as the #1 deal on the Hot Deals tab.  My referral link is for a 30,000 American Airlines miles after spending $1,000 within 3 months, which isn t the best offer in the market by a long shot.
Well, the 50,000 mile links to the Citi American Airlines Visa and American renting a car in italy Express cards (my #1 deal), which also offered a $100 statement credit and 2 lounge passes, stopped working last week.  Thanks to everyone for letting me know.
I updated the links for the Citi American Airlines Visa to another offer for 50,000 miles , but this does not offer the statement credit or lounge passes like the previous offer.  However, this offer requires only $2,500 in minimum spending instead of $3,000 for the earlier offers.
If you don t apply for both at the same time, you usually have to wait 18+ months from when you were approved (not from when you cancelled the card) for your last Citi American Airlines personal card to get the sign-up bonus again.
Here are a few other Citi American Airlines cards with large sign-up bonuses which you can apply for at the same time as the 50,000 mile Citi American Airlines Visa card.  I ve also updated the original 2-browser trick post , Airline Credit Card tab, and the Hot Deals tab with these links.
However, you may need to call the Citi reconsideration line to get approved if you don t get approved online.  Each card requires a minimum spending of $2,500 within 4 months renting a car in italy , so you d have to spend $5,000 within 4 months for 100,000 American Airlines miles.
2.   40,000 Miles MasterCard AMEX.    You earn 40,000 American Airlines miles after spending $1,000 within 4 months on the Citi Platinum MasterCard or AMEX .   Thanks to  libralibra for posting it on FlyerTalk.
If you do pair either the 40,000 mile AMEX or MasterCard with the 50,000 mile Visa, you can earn 90,000 renting a car in italy American Airlines miles for $3,500 ($2,500 from the Visa and $1,000 renting a car in italy from either the AMEX or MasterCard) in spending within 4 months.
You earn another 10,000 renting a car in italy American miles when you spend another $3,000 within the 1st 12 months renting a car in italy of being approved for the card.  So you d have to spend $5,000 in total for the 50,000 American Airline miles.
You also get up to a $100 statement credit for select renting a car in italy American Airlines purchases gift cards, fees taxes, etc.  However, you get a $1 statement credit only for spending $1 at American Airlines, so you d have to spend $100 to get the full statement credit.
If you do pair the 50,000 mile AMEX with the 50,000 mile Visa in #1, you can earn 100,000 American Airlines miles for $7,500 ($2,500 from the Visa and $5,000 from the AMEX) in spending within 4 months.
This is clearly the most expensive way to complete the minimum spending, but the AMEX card requires $2,000 within 4 months and you can differ the remaining $3,000 for the AMEX over the next 8 months.
I can t tell you what to do, but option #1 or #2 (from the options renting a car in italy above) make the most sense for me.  That s because they have the lowest amount of minimum renting a car in italy spending required to get lots of American Airlines miles!
If you don t apply for both the American Airlines cards at the same time or one after the other , you likely renting a car in italy won t be able to get another for 18+ months from when your approved for your last American Airlines card
The Citi American Airlines 50,000 mile credit renting a car in italy cards have some of the best sign-up bonuses available.  The card also gets you 10% rebate on miles redeemed for award travel (up to 10,000 miles back a year) and 1 free checked bag which could make up for the annual fee after the 1st year.
* If you liked this post, why don't you join the  7,000+ readers  who have signed-up to receive  free blog posts  via  email  ( only 1 email per day! ) or in a  RSS reader  …because then you'll  never miss another credit card update!
I was approved for the visa AA card about 3 months ago. I wonder if I tried the two browser trick with the Amex and mastercard version now if it would be approved. Have you heard of anyone having luck with this since they are from different brands?
I m pretty new to the game, less than a year, and I figured I d wait for the best Citi AA card promotion. Is this as good as it gets or is it likely that the 75k mile promotion will come back for a little while?
This may sound stupid, but is there an easy way (without calling Citi) to find out how close you are to reaching the 18 month window? I have honestly forgotten when I had been approved for my AA Citi cards. Thanks!!
It has been more than 18 months since I was approved for Citi AA personal card. However, I just applied and was approved for two personal citi hilton renting a car in italy cards last month. Can I churn AA personal card again, or do I wait another 18 months?
Hi, quick question. I got the 75k AA visa card about 13 months ago (actually a friend referred me to your site at the time!). I haven t cancelled the card since i got the yearly fee waved, can i still apply for another card in 5+ months or do I need to cancel the card in order to be eligible for another one?
Useful as always MM. However, you might want to highlight that some/all of these offers only apply if you don t already have a Citibank card, i.e. if you already have a card you have to cancel it and wait until 18 months after the last application to get the bonus again.
renting a car in italy I already have an AA Mastercard and didn t want to cancel it since its one of my older cards and has a large limit on it, so it helps my credit rating to keep it open. So really my only choice is to apply for a single new credit card, a business AA say.
I hate not being able to close the personal card and get another bonus, but until some of my other cards age I guess I just won t be able to do that. Any way around this convert the older Citibank card to a non-AA card or something that would allow me to apply for an AA Personal card again?
Personally I think 2k total spend for 80k miles is the best deal for people like myself that loathe high minimum spends. Yes there are creative ways out there to hit that high spend, but Citi is bad for coding certain transactions as cash equivalent.
just wanted to add a note in case someone hasnt mentioned it before. citi doesnt seem to care what AA account you put in the blank. so if you and your spouse etc want to combine into 1 account for whatever reason, it seems to work fine.
@PR Yes they changed the rule to $1 for $1. I flew an award ticket in the spring and paid $5 and got a $100 credit to my card, but now you have to spend $100 to get $100. The best way is to do a gift card since you can use them in flight or to purchase a ticket.
Interesting that the deal changed as I just got my Citi AADvantage cards in the mail. VIsa and AMEX versions. I spoke to customer service to confirm that 50,000 bonus miles after $3k spend. I didn t know about the $100 statement credit.
Also I got the United Miledge Explorer card and I got the 30k offer,but I mentioned that I saw the higher offer and the customer service rep said he upgraded me to it..but again it would be nice to see that somewhere in print. I don t see any detail on the bonus points . It does mention the basic features but nothing about the bonus points.
@Glenn For the personal AA card, you don t need to cancel before reapplying (though that could help if your other Citi cards have high credit lines). If your last Citi AA personal card was 18+ months ago, you may be able to get 2 more when you sign-up.
@laflyerguy renting a car in italy - If you applied with the earlier links, you should have a $150 statement credit after any AA purchase. Usually the offer landing page details the terms of the offer, but often times the application pages live longer than the landing pages.
renting a car in italy Would the best deal not be to do the Visa in #1 and the AMEX in #3 for 100,000 miles after spending $4,500 in the first 4 months and $3,000 thereafter? There you are not chancing applying for two Visas and being rejected?
I called citi to double check with the $100 statement credit. The rep said it s after first eligible purchase. I see that someone renting a car in italy mentioned $1 for $1 statement credit. It that for new applications? I applied June, July and August. (One for me, DH, and my mom).
I have just recently received the Citi AA Visa and Amex in June, was about to apply for the Citi AA Biz and wonder if I may do it together with the Citi AA MC? Previously I heard some have successfully applied and received bonus for Citi AA MC even after applying for Citi AA Visa. It seems these two are different cards so they don t require the 18 months gap in between applications (applications of the Visa and MC, not the same cards). Any comment or opinion here?
Just applied for the double visa card option, and thought renting a car in italy I would tell everyone that it works. Bot

No comments:

Post a Comment