Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A couple of months back my boyfriend and I went to New Zealand for 2 weeks. We rented a car from Bud




This is a discussion on Debt with Budget Rent a Car New Zealand within the Debt Collection forum, part of the BANKRUPTCY DEBT COLLECTIONS category; A couple of months back my boyfriend and I went to New Zealand for 2 weeks. We rented a car ...
A couple of months back my boyfriend and I went to New Zealand for 2 weeks. We rented a car from Budget Rent a Car in order to road trip most of the country. When we rented the car we were under the impression that the representative listed both of us as drivers because that is what we asked for and the representative acknowledged our request. I did find it a little odd that I wasn t asked to sign any paperwork, but we left it at that and continued the trip. Towards the end of the trip I ended up getting in a car accident. I took care of everything I needed to take care of with the police department and Budget Rent a Car (or at least I thought I did). Budget said that since I was not in the insurance I had to pay a 3,500 NZ deductible for the damages caused. Although the initial representative was at fault for not doing her paperwork correctly, I took my loss for not double checking and paid the requested amount on the spot. Once everything was settled I went back home to Florida.
Now, many months after the incident I find out that they have been sending multiple letters to the wrong address. At the time of the accident I provided them will all my documentation for them to reach me properly. The letters are asking for an excess amount of 5650.94 NZ on top of the 3,500 NZ I have already paid. They have been sending the letters to the wrong address and the last letter is a final demand notice that states best travel deals their client will be taking immediate action for recovery of damage amount caused by my negligence, best travel deals along with legal and debt collection costs if not paid by specified date. Again, they have been sending the letters to the wrong address (I can prove this) and the date is way past overdue.
I wish to inform best travel deals you that you may reply to the notice of the other party and inform them of the correct facts pertaining to your clearance of the debt while in New Zealand best travel deals and also provide the details of the payment made in full and final settlement of the debt. If the matter goes to court, you may appoint an attorney best travel deals or a power of attorney to represent you in the court or you may self represent. You may provide all facts to support your viewpoint. The court will consider all the facts and decide the matter. If a civil judgment is passed best travel deals against you, the Collections Unit of the Ministry of Justice will try and enforce the civil judgment.
Use of the Forums is subject to our Disclaimer which prohibits unapproved advertisements, solicitations or other commercial messages, and false, harassing or abusive statements. All postings reflect the views of the author but become the property of WORLD Law Direct.

No comments:

Post a Comment