Saturday, September 29, 2012

My husband is turning 50 (but he acts 35!!) in November. He wanted to return to Paris and spend a so




With the summer travel season wrapped up, it's time to start thinking about fall and winter plans. I'm not an expert but do keep a more-than-casual compare airline flights eye on travel trends and prices. I recently purchased airline tickets to Europe and might have uncovered a Transatlantic sweet spot in November enveloping the Thanksgiving holiday.
compare airline flights My husband is turning 50 (but he acts 35!!) in November. He wanted to return to Paris and spend a solid week in La Ville Lumiere. I sucked up and started searching for deals. My philosophy is to fight for business class on international flights
I weeded through deals on Costco Travel (always my first stop) American, compare airline flights Virgin Atlantic, Delta and United, leaving from DFW to Paris' Charles de Gaulle. I played with Air France's rates and found some decent prices compare airline flights for business class with departure dates ranging from Sunday 11/18 through Friday 11/23 and returning prior to Thursday 11/29. Those dates seem to yield the most wallet compare airline flights -friendly fare whether traveling economy or business class. Prices increased significantly with return flights beginning Thursday the 29th.
Economy on American DFW was about $1056 round trip per person. The price started shooting up around $100 per person compare airline flights returning on the 29th and thereafter. compare airline flights Biz class started on the "cheaper days" about $4831. I ended my search on AA.com right then and there.
Air France turned out to be the best deal with the best flight schedule for us. I purchased two business class tickets for about $2150 per person. The same itinerary, just one day later on Air France shot up to $3483 per person. No thanks.
Sure, this is a lot of money to spend on air travel around compare airline flights the Thanksgiving. But I had my big girl pants on and have saved for the trip. Additionally, the business class tickets will help us get through certain security checkpoints a little faster.
The next step is choosing an accommodation. We had a beautiful compare airline flights suite at Le Sofitel Arc de Triomphe during our 2010 visit. Here's a link to my TripAdvisor review . It was wonderful but we're thinking about doing an apartment or another hotel we stumbled upon: Le Pavillon de la Reine in the Marais. We had a magical afternoon there eavesdropping on a gorgeous, well-known American model sound incredibly affected while discussing her Malibu vegetable garden during interview with a Paris magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment