Saturday, September 29, 2012

If an agent booked the air along with the river cruise, you might well have consolidator tickets tha




My husband and I, along with another couple, are going to France next June for a river cruise. Everything is taken care of except our airline seats which I would like to finalize so that I can relax. Since we would all like to sit together and are in economy (Ugh!), I wanted to select our preferred seats ASAP. I've gone to the KLM website (flight over) and to Air France (return flight) and, upon selecting our seats, they did not hold. I tried again after awhile travel lodge orlando and the same thing happened. travel lodge orlando I just spoke to a rep. at KLM, who even checked with his supervisor, and I was told I should just keep trying back as they could not bring them up either, stating that perhaps it was too soon. I inquired as to why so many other seats scattered about the cabin were already reserved, and I no particular answer was given. I totally travel lodge orlando understand that there might be plane changes before our date of departure, but I have always been able to select seats; even a year out.
If an agent booked the air along with the river cruise, you might well have consolidator tickets that are available only to cruise passengers. If this is the case, you would need to ask your travel agent to book the seats (and reserving the seats in advance might or might not be possible).
I have had a similar issue when booking on the Delta website, for a flight travel lodge orlando to Paris. The flight was booked on Delta, but flying on Air France. I was allowed to choose the seats, but , they were not 'held' in the computer, in either direction. Is your flight travel lodge orlando actually on KLM over and Air France upon return, or a codeshare partner. The partner airline is where the issue lies.
We have flown on KLM (booked through travel lodge orlando Delta) several times and we were able to get seat selections 90 days in advance. The seats we chose 90 days in advance did not show up at first, but we did get the seats we chose. travel lodge orlando I think you are looking too early.
KLM eliminated travel lodge orlando the 90 day restriction in June of this year. You can get seats assigned any time now just like on Air France. I really don't know what the issue is though. I've never had trouble with seat assignments sticking on either the KLM or Air France sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment