Saturday, September 29, 2012

Life is too short to deal with surly nonsense, and upon landing back in SF I decided to poll Twitter




Life is too short to deal with surly nonsense, and upon landing back in SF I decided to poll Twitter to find out which airlines create the most collective misery. This would serve as my must-avoid list.
Also submitted as Delta Blows , Delta get the ultimate F- for customer service, especially exotic car rentals las vegas when you include the votes for Northwest Airlines (NWA) below, which they ve absorbed into twin forces of suckiness. Bad customer service earned the Delta empire more than 30% of the total votes.
Of course, there are limits and weaknesses to this data-gathering approach: exotic car rentals las vegas the availability heuristic. In other words, exotic car rentals las vegas as commenter John Fawkes observed: are the worst airlines just the most commonly flown? Would we also find them at the top of the best list?
To make this methodology work, it seems you would have to also run a "best airlines" poll using the same method, and compare the two lists. If an airline is on the worst list and not the best list, then and only then should you declare that popular opinion has voted it down.
Dolores Labs think Amazon Mechanical Turk on steroids published the PeopleBrowsr results in beautiful graphic form. The best and worst airlines exotic car rentals las vegas were determined through frequency analysis of positive and negative sentiment exotic car rentals las vegas words in tweets mentioning the airlines.
While I know airlines in general are not strongholds of customer service, I am surprised that Delta has deteriorated so much. I used to do telephone interviews for them and their screening requirements for customer care instincts were TOUGH. I had to fail even the nicest people sometimes because of the smallest hint of bad grammar, unprofessional ideas, or a momentary, joking lapse of displaying customer focus.
I travel a ton myself and have had bad experiences with every airline (doing out ORD-SFO-SYD this weekend on United). Wondering if the statistical data accounts for size of airline in relation to negative feedback. Should exotic car rentals las vegas the best research account for numbers as a percentage, rather than volume of comments?
Nathan I know this is out of date to help you choose an airline to fly transatlantic but Lufthansa was voted the best intercontinental airline for 2011 for outstanding customer service and quality I loathe Delta having been on the receiving end of so many bad experiences their complete lack of customer care has dished out! I will never fly Delta again! Am going to do my homework every time I fly and find an airline who understands that if your customers are unhappy one, one they will leave!
I don t fly often, but I went from Montreal (Canada) to Guangzhou (China) last year on a Northwest Airline plane and I must say their service was A1. The staff was polite and helpful, and even the food was good. They exceeded my expectactions. Maybe I was lucky. If they rank among the worst, I cannot imagine exotic car rentals las vegas what the best one are doing.
My best airline experience across the pond was Heathrow to JFK on Air India. Sitting in coach I asked for a beer with the chicken curry dinner, and the flight exotic car rentals las vegas attendant handed me three cans. When I told her one was fine, she said maybe I would get thirsty later. Great service exotic car rentals las vegas all around.
However, I don t think it s fair to say that those airlines have the worst service because they generate the most noise in social media. They serve the large majority of passengers and should generate more in terms of pure numbers. Compare those numbers to their passenger loads and I think you ll get a different story.
We jet set all over the world in a matter of hours and yet we find reasons to nitpick. Tell you re great grandfather how you go from New York to LA in 5 hours and he ll tell you how he lost 2 siblings to cholera during his real life experience on the Oregon Trail.
On the other hand, the airline exotic car rentals las vegas industry is constantly plagued with ever diminishing margins to try and turn a profit. Therefore, customer service goes a long way and I agree that Delta can probably use a refresher course. However, I would put up with an ornery stewardess much better if I had more than 3.5 inches of leg room for my 6 2 frame.
As for the crowdsourced sex input, I ll take a closer look at the Skin to Skin visualizations and browse through the heat maps of data. Overall, this type of sex data is always pleasurable. Yeah, the back of a women s neck is a sweet spot .
Considering all the airlines I have flown coach I can whole heartedly state that they all suck and that there are no exceptions to the rule unless you spend the big bucks to fly first class. It s unfortunate, but its just the way it is at this period in time.
Wow I ve flown with Delta a couple of times, and I ve always had a positive experience. The cabin crew were incredibly helpful and pleasant, my flights were punctual, my seat was comfortable (regular exotic car rentals las vegas ordinary class seating) exotic car rentals las vegas and my food was as good as you can expect for any airplane food.
One time I flew Delta I was connect through Atlanta (I hate the Atlanta airport). We were on a small plane so we didn t have a jet way. We exit the plane and need to walk under these crappy tent like hallways to get into the terminal. Except they had the way we were supposed to go coned off. There were Delta people exotic car rentals las vegas standing around who did nothing. Finally I had to move the cones and figure out the correct way back to the terminal (I was about the 15th person off the plane).
When we get inside exotic car rentals las vegas the terminal there is an escalator that leads from the flight deck up to the terminal level. I get on the escalator take one step on it and they turn it off. The Delta lady who did this at the top of the stairs doesn t even say sorry just looks at us. Here s to Delta.
As an entertainer/illusionist, I travel full-time, so I hate bad airline service as much as the next guy. But I m curious how this data would pan out if the study were performed again to gauge positive experiences and wow moments, instead of complaints.
I rarely leave comments, exotic car rentals las vegas but this is one of the funniest blog posts I ve seen. I was flying on Hawaiian Airlines a few weeks ago, and when I asked for a bottle of water so they didn t have to keep coming to my seat they straight up said no. Awesome!
Fool me once, shame on you fool me twice, shame on me. What is the saying for shaming me four times? On second thought, I don t want to know. Needless to say I will not be flying United anytime soon .
But nothing is as bad as the twin prop flight in Costa Rica where the pilots thought it would be funny to mess with the tourists by dropping hundreds of feet in seconds on purpose exotic car rentals las vegas all while faux screaming I will forever be scarred by the incident but it is kind of funny, now
No offense to some more seasoned readers, but the low cost airlines have a much younger flight attendant exotic car rentals las vegas crew that is a bit more energetic and fun. The US carriers usually have an older, less energetic exotic car rentals las vegas crew, a bit more motherly acting and sometimes exotic car rentals las vegas moody as well.
Adrian – I haven't heard of Air Asia yet, but just briefly taking a look at their website you immediately see four good looking young flight attendants having fun. Of course it's marketing, but I'm sure the actual flights are similar. Totally different feel than the US carrier experience.
Totally agree on Delta. Coming back from Costa Rica this summer with a mission team, our departure was delayed exotic car rentals las vegas almost 2 hours because the flight exotic car rentals las vegas attendants had been out late and were tired. Over half my team missed their connection in ATL and got home up to 6 hours later. Bruce Lee has it right, should have roundhoused someone right there on the tarmac.
While flying US Airways Shuttle last month I noticed that embedded deep in the fine print of the US Airways magazine was language that seemed to indicate free drinks for first class AND US Airways shuttle passengers. We ordered beers, and were not charged.
I absolutely agree with Delta/NWA being the worst. exotic car rentals las vegas I fly over 100k annually with them and they are terrible. I am young looking guy. I don t usually wear a suit when I travel. Sometimes exotic car rentals las vegas I even look scruffy I suppose. But I nearly always am in first class. However, when boarding I have been ignored multiple exotic car rentals las vegas times. Literally standing right there and the gate agent takes someone else s pass and lets them board before me. It was so blatant one time the guy in front of my actually said something to the gate agent.
Honestly the worst airline, is the one you are on. We should have let them go out of business exotic car rentals las vegas back in the bailout days, so perhaps they d learn their lesson, or better exotic car rentals las vegas yet be replaced with better airlines.
exotic car rentals las vegas I d like to see a comparable study of the best airlines too. The Wordle visualization of that would be nice to see. I d be curious about which airlines overlap both categories; Adrian s comment above saying Southwest is great conflicts directly with my awful experiences with Southwest.
I love the power the internet and social media has given us individuals to collectively voice our opinions. We consumers have voted for a long time with our wallets that we demand lower prices over service. I believe that in this new economy, where consumers are more selective where they spend their hard earned money, that we can now demand reasonable prices and great service.
I agree Tim, that time is too short to put up with the terrible service that most big dumb companies offer, and I also would prefer to spend a little more money to be treated better. The problem is that many of even the more expensive products still have very bad service, but I hope that better customer service will be the benefit we get from the companies that survive the recession.
Customer Service (CS) is a real bi***, many of the times your cheapest clients use up most of your resources in CS and while you may offer great CS all it takes is once. He will always remember that time
I agree that airlines can suck from time to time and you probably exotic car rentals las vegas see alot more of them then most but you are too good at inspiring people that I don t think that you need to stoop to a slating email, it doesn t seem your style.
@Jonny I don t see

No comments:

Post a Comment