Friday, August 31, 2012

Other pluses included free wine and tap beer and snacks during social hour , (every day but Sunday a




The hotel is a mixture of standard hotel rooms, longer term apartments and historic budget auto rental wooden cabins. We stayed at one of the cabins the first two days, a nice structure tucked in the back with wood panelling on the inside. The cabins have been recently budget auto rental renovated budget auto rental so they have all the modern amenities, while keeping most of their historic character.
On the minus side, I thought it was a little pricey. Over $93 after tax, and that was with a AAA discount. They charged extra my kids, who were only 14 and 12. The clerk told me that anyone over 10 is charged extra. (Most hotels budget auto rental I've stayed at charge no extra for any children 16 and under).
I don't usually stay at motels of this high a caliber, but I have to say I was impressed with the level of service and cleanliness of this Clarion. budget auto rental The building, built ca 2002, is in great shape with the common areas and rooms very clean. The price averaged about $108 after taxes, but varied budget auto rental between weekend and weekday. This was lower than most other hotels of this level in Madison. I
Other pluses included free wine and tap beer and snacks during social hour , (every day but Sunday around 5:30 to 7). The breakfast was very nice with a different entree each day as well a wide assortment of staples such as waffles, eggs, bagels, cereal budget auto rental and milk available every day. The dining area was spatious with plenty budget auto rental of seating.
The only issue I had was the breakfast hours ended too early: 9:00 on Weekdays and 9:30 and weekends. There is no reason why this could not be extended at least an hour. I had to wake my kids up early just to get them down in time for breakfast. With that said, the cooking staff went out of their way to be helpful, bringing back the milk and a couple of other items when we were late one day.
I think we need to first distinguish between motel and hotel. In MY book if the building is a highrise and has the doors on the inside it rates in the hotel category. That first review you did is absolutely a motel the second is a hotel.
Now a year after we last stayed, there has been a notable decline budget auto rental in this property. The hotel appeared little budget auto rental dirtier, especially the carpet in the coridors, plus several things were broken including the hot tub and the one and only ice machine.
I think we need to first distinguish between motel and hotel. In MY book if the building is a highrise and has the doors on the inside it rates in the hotel category. That first review you did is absolutely a motel the second is a hotel.
budget auto rental I stayed here last fall. The location is convenient if you want something right off the interstate, but as a consequence it is in the middle budget auto rental of nowhere. You are pretty far away from attractions in Cleveland proper.
I was impressed with the hotels cleanliness and service but guests in adjoining rooms left much to be desired. It was a multiple party, renting at least four adjacent rooms and treating them (and the corridor) like their own personal family rooms. There was much yelling and screaming, running between rooms and door slamming. At one point at least 8 of them were actually congregating outside in the corridor budget auto rental (some with beer) further budget auto rental adding to the decibel level.
On the plus side, the rooms and common spaces were clean. I was especially impressed by the bathroom. The value was good at $44.99 (including $5 AAA discount). However, after taxes, the actual total came to over $52. (This is not the hotel's fault as Cuyahoga County budget auto rental has some of the highest lodging taxes in the nation).
Room tip: I recommend getting a room on the third floor (on the side facing west) to minimize being close to other guests and to reduce exposure to unwanted expressway noise. (There is an elevator in the lobby)
This motel was kind of hard to get to because it is tucked behind two other buildings and only accessible by a hard-to-find service drive. budget auto rental As far as the motel itself, it was OK for basic accommodations and value, but beyond that it was really nothing to write home about.
Pluses included the cheap rate ($47.33 including tax w/Travel Saver coupon) and the breakfast. On the minus side, it was quite noisy there. The walls were kind of thin. I could hear the ceiling creaking from people walking budget auto rental around in the room directly above me. Room doors slammed hard. Be sure and bring the earplugs or crank up the AC. It was located right next to I-75, so get a room in the east end of the hotel unless you like hearing semis all night.
I have recently started to post ratings to Tripadvisor. I tend to begin looking up hotels a couple hours before stopping for the night and found that the ratings provided by guests have been a good way to judge whether to look or not. Great ratings give me some confidence in driving budget auto rental that next 100 miles to get somewhere, while many bad reviews tell me to keep driving that next 100 miles.
I have recently started to post ratings to Tripadvisor. I tend to begin looking up hotels a couple budget auto rental hours before stopping for the night and found that the ratings provided by guests have been a good way to judge whether to look or not. Great ratings give me some confidence in driving that next 100 miles to get somewhere, while many bad reviews tell me to keep driving that next 100 miles.
I post all my reviews on Trip Advisor too. These are basically those repasted with extra info on rates, etc. However, budget auto rental I've only been doing it since 2011. So earlier reviews will be written from memory and credit card data.
Travel Tip: This is the only decent motel for miles in any direction. It is about halfway between Chattanooga and Fall Creek Falls State Park, which is one of the most popular budget auto rental parks in Central Tennessee. If you are travelling north from Chattanooga, and need a place to stay, you are advised to stop here unless budget auto rental you aleady have lodgings at Fall Creek Falls. The motel in Pikeville was full, so you will be out of luck if the lodge is full too.
I am now going to put a new rating for Character/Ambiance for each hotel, where the building's architecture/character is taken into account. While I gave a high rating to the last hotel, it certainly is nothing much to look at. I would give it a 2/5 at best.
We stayed here because budget auto rental it was a convenient location off of I-75 and I was meeting my brother who was coming up from Georgia. I had one of those travel saver coupons which got me a room with two queen beds for $64.99 + tax. Otherwise it would have been over $80. If you want just a king bed, you can get a travel-saver coupon for $59.99 + tax.
The location was in the middle of sprawlville on an exit that looks like every other I-75 Exit from Georgia to Michigan. As for the motel itself, it fell rather short of the criteria budget auto rental what should be expected for hotels at this price level. budget auto rental (After all, this isn't Motel 6). The hot breakfast was nice, but was run like the Gestapo. The attendant budget auto rental was very rude and started whisking away food and turning off the lights exactly at 9:30. There was no leeway for people that wanted budget auto rental to sleep in a little and hope to still get food at 10:00. budget auto rental The check-in staff was friendlier and honored my travel coupon for multiple days.
As far as the clientele, this hotel had more than it's fair share of lowlifes, who liked to congregate on the walkway to the second story parking deck and drink beer and smoke cancer sticks. (So hold your breath lest you breathe in their putrid smoke as you walk in from parking.) If that wasn't bad enough, these loud and belligerent drunk idiots budget auto rental were dropping f-bombs every five seconds. Yeah, real family friendly place. I'm just glad my 11-year old daughter wasn't around when these lowlifes were belching out their offensive, unintelligible banter.
My question is this: Where was hotel security? Why is this motel so understaffed? There appeared to be only one person on staff during the evening hours. This is unacceptable for such a large hotel. At such a high traffic location with dozens of rooms, there should be at least one security guard, budget auto rental especially at night.
As for the motel itself, it was quite dirty on the outside, with failed concrete, grass growing in the parking lot and cigarette butts swept into corners and not picked up. The motel appeared to be more of a transient hotel with some people looking like they had been staying there for weeks. Motel furniture was placed outside of many rooms like it was somebody's front porch. budget auto rental Little budget auto rental kids and dogs ran everywhere.
We stayed there on a Saturday night and as the evening wore on, more and more unsavory-looking characters started appearing budget auto rental and congregating on the upper deck of our wing. Being with two kids, I was kind of worried. Reading other reviews on this site and other sites only added to this fear.
On the plus side, our room and bathroom appeared clean, if a little dated. The structure appears to have originally well-built despite its current budget auto rental state. (It was originally a Holiday Inn) I heard none of the creaking ceilings and flushing toilets from adjacent rooms that you typically hear in those cheaply-built motels with paper-thin walls. If there was any late night partying going on, I didn't hear it. The air conditioner fan did a good job of drowning out unwanted noise.
But I would not stay here again, unless it was rebranded and cleaned budget auto rental up. Maybe the owner is trying to fix it up, but there's no excuse for not breaking out the dustbin and sweeping up those cigarette butts.
Travel Tip: The adjacent Knights Inn appeared much cleaner and seems to have got much better reviews. I wish I would have seen it. It was only a few dollars more than the $44 I paid which seems like too much for this hotel.
I once stayed in a place like it - another old HoJo - in Connecticut because it was inexpensive relative to everything else in the vicinity. There were no by the hour customers, fortunately, but one of the business associates with whom I was traveling told me he showered with his socks on.
We stayed there because my son likes trains and from that perspective you won't find a better motel in Ashland. But it's one thing

No comments:

Post a Comment