Tuesday, August 28, 2012

We cannot WAIT to finally explore this amazing city, meet its people, eat all the food we can handle




My boyfriend and I are looking car rental in cape town forward to a long awaited and much anticipated trip to New Orleans. I have read over and over that for safety sake we should stay in the French Quarter. car rental in cape town However, we would like to keep our accommodations car rental in cape town on a low budget and the French Quarter seems pricey. I've found a nice place to stay in the Fauborg Marigny district. Doesn't seem too far from the FQ... will that be safe enough if we are walking a lot?
Fauborg Marigny starts just across Esplanade car rental in cape town from the French Quarter. It's mainly a residential area and not as gentrified or as commercial as the French Quarter as I recall. I stayed once in the part nearest Esplanade and didn't feel unsafe but I suspect it depends on which part of it you're in. I think if I didn't want to stay in the FQ my second choice would be, as Tom above says, the Garden District. And I'd stay in the busier parts anywhere at night.
The key to being safe anywhere is to be cautious but not afraid. Look people in the eyes, be aware of your surroundings. Bad things can happen anywhere to anyone so just be wary but not unfriendly or afraid. This is especially true in New Orleans and don't be to afraid to visit other parts of our lovely car rental in cape town city, we have much more to offer then the French Quarter.
If I was a tourist in New Orleans I would rather stay in the Marginy. It's much more quiet and residential. Theirs also this hotel in the heart of the Garden District called the St. Charles Guest house that is quite inexpensive though it hasn't been updated or renovated since the 1970s.
Yes, but there are parts of New Orleans that are definitely more dicey than other parts, and while that is true in all cities, in New Orleans once [good] neighborhood runs right into the next [bad] neighborhood. (I have no idea where Fauborg-Marigny car rental in cape town fits in the equation, but I do know walking from our restaurant in the French Quarter to our hotel in the Warehouse District was NOT the most comfortable experience).
The place I found for accommodation is amazing because they don't offer food or maid service so they can keep the rates low for tourists. I loved their web site and like in my own city, I prefer to support local business. And I suspect like most cities, you just need to side on the air of caution when it comes to safety.
We cannot WAIT to finally explore this amazing city, meet its people, eat all the food we can handle and most of all... hear the music! This trip has been a dream for a long time! Can't wait to meet you New Orleans!
The Marigny itself is pretty safe. My issue with staying there would be getting back and forth, especially if you go into the FQ for dinner or evening entertainment. However, my rule of thumb is "when in doubt, take a cab". Don't walk in dark or deserted areas. We've been to NOLA six times and only once did I feel uncomfortable and that was walking at the far end of the Quarter, just me and my husband, around 10pm. There were some less than desirable looking teens that started following us. We walked out into the street and then immediately turned up the first well-lit cross street car rental in cape town and they kept going. car rental in cape town I don't know that they were after us or if they just happened to fall in behind us, but I would rather appear paranoid than deal with the consequences of something car rental in cape town unpleasant. Keep your street smarts about you and you'll car rental in cape town be fine. Have a great trip!
I am a NOLA enthusiast but echo all the safety cautions of previous posts. If you are going to stay outside the Quarter, take a taxi if you have any discomfort with your walking route. Never walk outside the main thoroughfares and never be alone, particularly after dark.
Strongly advise that - whatever hotel you stay in - you have them clearly mark a map for you with no-go areas (some of which are immediately adjacent to the Quarter). Do NOT take these warnings lightly - and if you will be returning car rental in cape town through deserted streets after dinner definitely take a cab.
I sure wish you would tell us the location of your choice. In my NO experience, going back to the 1970, you gets what you pay for, and 10 to 12 blocks is a really long way when it is 80 degrees F with 99% humidity at 6 AM.
Hi Starrs, the first time we went we stayed at the Le Richlieu which is on the end of the Quarter, The next time we stayed in the Sheraton which is also at the edge of the Quarter, this last year we stayed at the Prince Conti, they are $90.00 per night, directly in the Quarter, old but clean.
What is the address of your hotel/lodgings? As others have said, good areas butt right up against bad ones sometimes. So if we knew exactly where this place is located, we can give you better advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment