Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Next on our agenda was to get ready for our first game of the trip. We knew they played a different




BC lost to Casvi today 86-77 in their first game on the trip. Dennis Clifford led the Eagles with 25 points and 10 rebounds, while Ryan Anderson had 14 points and 8 rebounds and Lonnie Jackson had 11 points, all in the fourth quarter.
This felt like a game where BC was close, but not close enough. BC repeatedly cut the lead to 6 or 5, but then Casvi would bring the lead back up to double digits. Ryan Anderson described the different style of play in his blog :
Next on our agenda was to get ready for our first game of the trip. We knew they played a different american airlines vacations style of basketball here, but we were still thrown off by it. My first shot, I looked up at the basket and the hoop was bent up so badly that I knew it would be tough to shoot on that end; so we would have to make our run on the other basket. We got called american airlines vacations for travel american airlines vacations after travel american airlines vacations in the first quarter and got down early. I was amazed at how physical their post players were because they weren't very big at all. They just played really hard. We came out at halftime and played a little bit better basketball in the second half - getting some steals, some blocks, knocking down some open shots. Unfortunately, I picked up my fourth foul and I had to come out of the game. We stuck with them for awhile, but then we made some unforced turnovers and made several defensive errors, and their lead grew back to 10. We fought to try to get back in the game, but they had a very high basketball IQ and were picking us apart on every defensive miscue. We definitely got the swing of how the style of play is here. Hopefully next game I'll be able to understand the refs when they tell me what I'm doing wrong! Right now I'm relying all on hand motions! We will bounce back tomorrow! Buenas Noches from Madrid!

No comments:

Post a Comment