Saturday, June 23, 2012

But due to unfortunate circumstances, we ended up missing our flight and stayed in New York for a wh




Let s start off to when I was a child; around 5 to 7 years old My family moved to an island holiday inn select san diego called holiday inn select san diego Dominican Republic (northwest of Cuba and close to the coast of Florida). It s a nice place, especially their pool resorts and beaches. My family and I lived in an apartment right in front of a beach. It was probably one of the most relaxing places to be: the sound of the waves, the sea breeze and that bright orange sunrise every morning. Absolutely stunning. I remember the street vendors that would sell uba de playa , or rather beach grapes (I m not sure about this translation). Sour things but pretty good nonetheless. I also remember a stray dog that would always walk with me, my sister and my grandfather to school. Then you have the parties in the resorts nearby every night. Loud conga music and people partying in bathing suits til morning. The fruit shakes were always delicious, holiday inn select san diego too (but that s because the fruits were always fresh). But unfortunately, we had to leave and come back to the Philippines.
But due to unfortunate circumstances, we ended up missing our flight and stayed in New York for a while. Though it wasn t a long visit (only 2 days) everything seemed so different; buildings everywhere, lot s of yellow cabs and people with shopping bags, talking on their phone, etc. It was cloudy from what I can remember, and our taxi driver that drove us to our hotel had a genuine New York accent (I always thought it was just stereotypes on TV). Then, we eventually caught our flight the next day and headed off to the Philippines.
During my stay here, I ve traveled to at least 3 places holiday inn select san diego (Singapore, Hong Kong, and Japan) and hopped on a cruise ship once (The Norwegian Wind). Singapore well, what s not to like? You have 3 different cultures that live beside each other, and speak 3 different languages including English; friendly people, different parks and food all over the place, and most importantly the cleanest streets I ll ever see. But I m pretty sure everyone knows that (haha!)
Next on our list is Hong Kong. Talk about a shopping spree, you can have one there! We had a hard time getting around holiday inn select san diego though because not many people speak English I can t remember much of my trip there but I would suggest to anyone to ALWAYS holiday inn select san diego carry a Chinese-English conversation book in your pocket and of course to familiarize yourself with your surroundings.
Then we have my four day trip to Tokyo, Japan. Let me tell you this, it is pretty cold despite spring almost leaving. However, the people aren t as cold as the weather (and especially holiday inn select san diego not as cold as they are shown on TV) They are very humble, very polite and most of all, hospitable. Also, they seem to welcome foreigners holiday inn select san diego (especially Caucasians) very well. As for transportation, the regular trains are pretty spacious despite having so many people (or maybe I m just teeny-tiny haha!) and the taxis let me stress this out: the taxis are GORGEOUS. Sleek, shiny, black Toyota Crowns; a TOYOTA CROWN for a mere taxi? They don t make those models anymore and talk about class and to top it all off, the drivers are in black suits and ties with a cap (like chauffeurs). As for my suggestion on food, always go for the simple restaurants holiday inn select san diego on the street. It s cheap(500-800 Yen)  and  simply delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment