Sunday, July 22, 2012

The idea for this trip came up the other day while out having lunch with Kathy and her husband Walt,




Here I go again this time off to Ronda for the weekend, as part of my 20th anniversary in Spain celebrations. I almost can t believe that the last time I was in Ronda was six years ago (!!) when buddy Craig was here visiting and we went on a Magical Mystery Tour. We stopped off there for lunch after a hair-raising drive up (and I mean UP) from the coast, on our way home. That was before Twitter and Sevilla Tapas existed, so you can imagine that this time I am going to arrive with plenty of suggestions for great places to eat and interesting places to visit.
The idea for this trip came up the other day while out having lunch with Kathy and her husband Walt, whom I d met a few weeks ago while you guessed it out having tapas. We struck up a conversation in the bar and have been hanging out ever since. And so Kathy mentioned that they were going to visit a small privately managed hotels in biloxi olive grove near Ronda on Saturday and invited Peter and me to join them. This has turned into a weekend overnight stay, which is as long as I m comfortable leaving Azar on his own, and I m really looking forward to it. Found a (hopefully) nice B&B online, but we probably won t be spending much time there anyhow. And I think for this trip I ll leave the laptop at home and just take the iPad.

No comments:

Post a Comment