Saturday, July 28, 2012

Travel Agents have cheapest tickets This is WRONG . Most people think travel agents have the best fa




I have travelled to few places since last 2-3 years and the experience on all my trips has been awesome. Discussions about recent trips are quiet common among friends and just like everyone else I share my experiences too. During these discussions few people tend to ask the cost of the entire trip . Most of my friends find it hard to believe when I share the amount that I have spent on flight tickets. I usually do a lot of research while spending money on anything. travel greece Similarly, I do some research before I book my airline tickets. I like explaining my friends and relatives on how I do it and usually there is a person who would ask the same question again. So for benefit of everyone, I am making this blog post on how and where to find cheapest airline tickets. travel greece I won t call it a trick but it is a helpful tip for most of the people if not all. Anyone can do whatever I do to get the cheapest holiday deal or an airline ticket.
Travel Agents have cheapest tickets This is WRONG . Most people think travel agents have the best fares and it is always wise to book tickets from them. This is not the case. Travel agents will usually will give you tickets as per their research which is not always very good. All they care about is their commission which they will be getting anyway. So don t always rely on these guys.
Booking travel greece from the airline directly is the best option There is NO difference in booking a ticket directly from an airline or a travel site. The only difference is the money you spend.  I have always found that the ticket rates with the airlines are always higher. Some people say they call the airlines travel greece directly to bargain and get cheap tickets but this has never worked for me. I have also seen people who think they cannot earn miles or points if they book tickets from travel sites. This is also wrong. The PNR provided with your booking is for the airlines and you can go to the airline website and use your PNR to do web check-in, travel greece select seats, earn miles/points travel greece etc. You can even take a print of your ticket directly from the airline website and no one would know whether you booked the tickets directly withe airline or through some travel site.
This is what I do. I check for the flight travel greece ticket rates online to see which site gives me the cheapest option. travel greece These sites also have discount offers and cash back features which makes your ticket more cheaper. After researching many times on various websites, I have stuck to a handful where I do my most of the bookings.
ClearTrip My favorite air booking site and most of the times I end up booking my ticket from here. The rates are the cheapest 80% of the times and their site is user-friendly and fast. I like the ClearTrip screen from where you can select multiple flight options and the rates keep on changing on the same page. Saves lots of time and gives you all the options on one single page.
Travelocity  - I wasn t a very big fan of Travelocity but I have seen some great deals on this site since last 6 months. travel greece My tickets to San Francisco and Las Vegas were booked from Travelocity and I saved around Rs 5000 by booking through them.
Expedia Expedia has also improved a lot lately. They have tons of holiday and hotel deals which help you save a lot of money. You should check out their BigDaddy Deals section where they have some awesome discount deals.
ezeego1 I am not a big fan of this travel site but it has made to my list because I have seen some very cheap deals here. The best thing about ezeego1 that I have seen is listing of some airlines that cannot be seen on other sites. Not sure how they manage to do it but it is always worth checking travel greece for options on this site as well.
Tickets are usually cheaper if you book them well in advance or at the very last moment. travel greece Waiting for the very last-minute can be risky because you might end up paying much more. It s all about researching and buying tickets from the right place at right time.
There a few other travel sites but I like the above mentioned ones just because the ticket fares and options provided are pretty good. MakeMyTrip did not make to my list because they do not have good fares anymore. It seems like they are promoting Kingfisher a lot these days and we all know it is better to stay far away from Kingfisher right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment