Monday, August 6, 2012

Rain : Correction about president’ ;s sons rugby ability. as a fan of the game and a follower f




The T20 Cricket World Cup (which will be awesome) is happening in Sri Lanka this year. Tickets are on sale now . There are multiple ways to get tickets, but only the link above really works. Boycy and I tried most, so I ll get into them here.
Actually, I won t. If you want to stand in the hot sun at Thurstan Sports Complex or get bemused looks at the Bank of Ceylon Moneygram station, then that s possible. Otherwise go onlin e and buy through the ICC s amateur and offensive website. I got some A upper (AU2) tickets for the Final, which I really hope is Sri Lanka. We do have a habit of placing a respectable second in these things, so I think we ll be there. It s $23 US, tho they have tickets for ground and other matches that go as low as Rs. 50.
Note, if you click thru to the ICC site itself, just click the orange banner at the top saying ICC World Twenty20. Also, as an additional note, Twenty20 cricket is, I think, car rentals in europe the best modern sport. At twenty overs it s aggressive, high scoring, and damn fun.
Rohan : Your wrong mate. Indians suck at EVERYTHING (not only sports but they have failed in everything. Just look at the sh1thole called India. car rentals in europe It s virtually a sewe) due to inferior car rentals in europe genes and reverse evolution. Weather has nothing to do...
Jack Point : Bombay Sweet House is one of the icons of Colombo. It is on the main road,(Dharmapal a MW) just past Anusha Handicrafts. I was bowled over the first time I had a faluda as a child. Have not had one in a decade, at least, too health...
Rohan : So this 1/2 breed woman came last. Obvisouldy, she did not qualify car rentals in europe for the olympics. Went on SL wide card entry. So, she was there just for the ride. I personally find these type of 1/2 breed (This woman s father is White) disgusting....
Rain : Correction about president’ ;s sons rugby ability. as a fan of the game and a follower for the last decade or more, Only Namal plays above average rugby. Yoshitha is very very average. Rohitha is OK. may be a bit above average,...
Christine Merrill, the aforementioned hot hurdler representing Sri Lanka has lost her heat in the 400m hurdles, finishing 30th out of 41 overall. So not great, but not completely last. You can watch her race here , heat five begins about 32:50 in. You can also see the warm-ups for the thrilling mens 100 m at the same time. I think this means Sri Lanka is effectively out of the Olympics. One does miss the days of Susanthika a bit.
So, we ve started running a YAMU section in the Financial Times (newspaper) on Saturday. I honestly couldn t find it at my local kade, but where I live is kinda hood. I do see the FT in every office I go to, so I think people read it. The basic format is that we list highlights from the website , something cool to eat, drink (maybe), buy or do in Colombo. We re trying to spread the brand across as many media as possible, so it s a start.
Sri Lankan sports administration is generally appalling, but it seems especially bad that none of our athletes in London were able to bring coaches. Instead 30 assorted officials went, which is of limited use. Shooter Mangala Samarakoon is saying he could have used a coach there, and one could presume the same for badminton player Niluka Karunaratna . It s really quite depressing that we treat our sports and sportspeople so badly.
Faluda is THE Sri Lankan Muslim drink, so popular they even make it as an ice cream. I, however, have always car rentals in europe been underwhelmed. Until now. The original Bombay car rentals in europe Sweet House is in Colpetty, near Liberty Plaza. I ve never been there, though I have frequented the other sweet houses in Wellawatte car rentals in europe . So, I finally went, and it is good. The faluda is refreshing, exotic and not cloying at all. Just right, plus the hefty dollop of ice cream doesn t hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment