Monday, July 9, 2012

Motion sickness for those that are susceptible can be very uncomfortable.There are some who can feel




I am thinking of doing a repositioning cruise with MSC from Genoa to Florida but not sure due to a bad experience on a Canaries cruise. There were quite large swells on the Canaries cruise which made me feel ill for half the cruise, even on port days. I have since been on a Norway cruise where we had some quite bad storms and got ill even with Sealegs being taken, so I stopped taking them, and was Ok the rest of the trip despite the weather.
Its five days at sea on the repositioning cruise and I was wondering what other peoples experiences were if you have a tendancy for sea sickness. Was the Canaries a one off or a regular occurance? I was thinking that if I can survive the North sea I can survive anything
Hi Daryl, I did a TA cruise a few months europe travel guide ago on a small ship and the seas were rough but I was OK on all but one day when I decided to stay in my cabin and take the seasick tablets europe travel guide the doctor had given to me and several other passengers. The tablets worked well and I enjoyed the trip immensely so I'd say if you are on a 'big' MSC ship (which they mostly europe travel guide are) you will be fine and if you are going via the Caribbean then it is likely you will take a more Southerly rout across the Atlantic which is normally calmer anyway.
Motion sickness for those that are susceptible can be very uncomfortable.There are some who can feel ill even with the ship in a slight swell. So bad sea conditions will not always mean everyone will be seasick.Sturgeron 2 tablets taken before sailing then repeat the dose three times a day should work .They work by desensitising the nerve centre from the inner ear to movement and balance.Wrist europe travel guide bands do work in some people not in others.
Thanks Annie Mike. I've not tried Sturgeron but I know Ginger and Travel bands don't work for me. I always take Sealegs with me in case and took them on my last cruise to Norway in march until I got quite in ill in quite bad storms so I didn't bother after that as I felt my ears had adjusted and I was able to cope.
Get some advice from your local chemist or doctor (especially if you are on other medication) and take the tablets with you as they are more expensive on board ship. If you are on a large ship the chances are that if you have the tablets you will not need them - just having them to hand is enough europe travel guide to ward off the seasickness. If you do need the tablets and if they are not enough to stop you feeling so ill that it is spoiling your cruise then you must visit the ships doctor - it will cost you of course for the anti-sickness injection but they do work within a very short space of time and then you can enjoy what you are there for - cruising and enjoying europe travel guide every minute. Have a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment