Thursday, July 5, 2012

if you get all 3 of these, i think you will have no need for Lonely Planet anymore. people only thin




I heard Lonely Planet is being confiscated at the Chinese airports. Whether this is true or just a rumor, can anyone suggest any other good China travel guide books, preferably ones YOU have actually used (please don t just list a bunch for me). I d like a book that will tell me about some cool places around China , not just tourist sites.
Answer by Slipshod I think it s actually pretty rare that Lonely Planet books get confiscated I wouldn t worry too much about taking one with you. But as far as alternatives go, I ve used the Rough Guides China guidebook before and found it pretty good. It looks like the new edition is coming out in a few months too. That s probably the best bet. The biggest problem with guidebooks to China is that they get outdated so quickly.
I'm travelling to China soon and I'd like to learn more about its history before I go. I'd love a historical fiction novel, like Edward Rutherfurd's ... Cool China Attraction images A few nice China Attraction images I found:
if you get all 3 of these, i think you will have no need for Lonely Planet anymore. people only think that LP is good because it is in all the stores. but in fact LP is one of the worst guide book series ever made because the writers don t really know anything. Lonely Planet is kind like McDonalds of guide books.

No comments:

Post a Comment