Monday, July 9, 2012

I'd changed my mind regarding my favorite restaurant in Aonang. Last year, it was Aning, but found t




This time, we took along my pet hamster, nicknamed 'SiaoMouse'. Was its first flight can you blame it for being nervous? After the smooth take-off, Hamster SiaoMouse woooo ahhhh at the passing clouds the scenery below. panama city beach hotels and motels =P
Landed at Krabi airport in the late morning. If you do not have a pick-up arrangement with your hotel/resort, there are only 2 opinions to get from Krabi airport to Aonang. After exiting the custom check point, on the right are 3 stalls, 1 for shuttle bus 2 for taxi(featured in pic below). Just be prepared for the ruckus thrown up by the girls operating those counters, begging you to buy from them. Anyway, no matter which counter you buy from, price are fixed for bus or taxi. It's only choosing between these 2 modes of transport.
The journey from airport to Ao Nang takes about 30 to 45 minutes. Now, there's a catch. panama city beach hotels and motels The bus or taxi will inevitably brings you to a 'stop-over' panama city beach hotels and motels at the outskirts of Aonang. panama city beach hotels and motels This so-called 'stop-over' is actually a travel agency which, well... tries to get your business. According to my guy, basically it's the same at any tourist spots all over Thailand. panama city beach hotels and motels The driver of the tutu or taxi you boarded will wanna bring you to a certain establishment before taking you to your destination. If you have the time, just entertain them. Treat it as sight-seeing. You don't have to buy anything the driver will still gets some sort of commission. If you are in a rush, just tell them politely that you're very late for your urgent appointment.
At the 'stop-over' from Krabi airport to AoNang, they have a whole list of tours, hotels/resorts or transport bookings. If you're on a budget do not have the time to bargain hunt, no harm looking through what they have on offer. It might also be cheaper, but I really panama city beach hotels and motels can't say. If you traveled by the airport shuttle bus, buy or no buy, all passengers will be sent to their destination by mini bus/van operated by that tour agency. Just be prepare to waste some time. The staff at that travel agency won't hassle or pester you, so no problem. Alternatively, you can refuse to alight at the 'stop-over' by politely telling them that you had everything you needed. After everyone had alighted when the bus move off, tell the bus driver where you wanna go. Best is, tip the driver when he start off. You will see a big grin on his face he will be very happy to assist you. Relax. Be happy. You're the milk cow on vacation! Smile! Thailand, Land of Smiles. xD
By taxi to Aonang is much less of a hassle. The driver will do the 'stop-over' panama city beach hotels and motels by telling you he has to stop by his 'office' for just a little while. A sale person will discreetly come by, open the front passenger door ask whether you had book anything. If you wanna, go down have a look. If not, same thing: "Everything booked. panama city beach hotels and motels Thank you have a nice day!" the stop will take less than 3 minutes.
Getting around in Ao Nang town is a breeze. As a 1-street town, many places can be reach by walking. If you are tired, many tutu(3 wheeler motorbike taxi) or taxies(converted pick-up trucks which are sometime called mini-bus) panama city beach hotels and motels about. From 1 spot to another within Aonang, it's 20 baht. Don't pay more than that. Always ask the price before boarding. For traveling outside Aonang, many taxi operators listed panama city beach hotels and motels their prices on a board placed by the roadside where they parked their vehicle. Bicycle or motorbike rental are also available.
In Karbi, there's a transport service that uses a fix route, looping from Krabi Town to Aonang back. Taxi or bus? Even the locals can't agree on the term used for that transport. Those vehicles are actually converted pick-up trucks with a roofed-over passenger cabin behind, where the truck bed is. They are all painted in white with their destinations panama city beach hotels and motels printed on the sides in the front, above the windscreen. Even though there are bus stops around Aonang for this service, passengers panama city beach hotels and motels can pick up or drop off anywhere on their route. Flag them they will stop. Press the bell button on the roof the driver will let you off. Usually it's pay when you get off. There's no fix schedule, but 1 will come along in about 20 minutes. Traveling within Aonang, it's the same 20 baht. Outside AoNang, you have to bargain with the driver. Price is fix for trip from Aonang to Krabi Town vice versa.
The trip took about 30 minutes the mini bus deposited us at the 1 only bus stop in town. This bus stop which is located in front of a 7-Eleven 24hrs convenient store, also serves panama city beach hotels and motels as the pick-up point for going back to Aonang. We arrived in Krabi Town at about 3+pm, a little too early for the night market.
So we went around exploring the quiet town. Across the road, opposite the bus stop, is a Thai temple of some sort. We did not enter the premises, so we are not really sure what it is, but its beautiful.
Ornate lamp poles topped with elephants lines the main street. At a junction, the traffic lights are exquisitely decorated with ape men saber-toothed tigers at another. panama city beach hotels and motels The sculptures depict the discovery of prehistoric human animal fossils in the province of Krabi.
By 5pm, some night market stall operators had started setting up their stalls. panama city beach hotels and motels Suddenly, panama city beach hotels and motels it began to rain, from a light drizzle to a heavy downpour. A few stall owners packed up left. Was praying for the rain to stop as I do not want to miss the night market panama city beach hotels and motels coz we had only 1 weekend during our stay in Krabi. Fortunately, my prayer was answered panama city beach hotels and motels rain stopped exactly at 6pm.
Don't ask me what those food items on display are coz most times, I don't even know what I was eating. Many-a-time, my guy would refuse to tell me what it is as he knew that I'm a timid Hamster, unadventurous when it comes to food. So, I just ate whatever he bought. =P
Was happily eating from stall to stall till sunset came the power black out. Pooof! The lights went out! More stall holders packed up. Due to the earlier rain the black out, about a quarter of the stalls was not set up. Except for a few emergency lights, Krabi Town was dark.
Undauntedly, we carried on coz my guy has a torch. Heehee... he's the only tourist panama city beach hotels and motels or customer there who has a torch. That's my guy. Always prepared unfazed by almost anything. panama city beach hotels and motels Tough, worldly street-wise. Only person panama city beach hotels and motels I trust won't travel without him. Beside the torch, I think he has a Swiss knife some first aids with him too.
During this visit, 1 of the things I'm glad about is, the bridge we had to cross everyday, had been upgraded. On our previous visit, it frightened me every time we had to use this bridge which span a creek. The bridge was just wooden planks beams, with lots of gaps, missing planks beams. Every time we crossed is like a game of life death to me, treading gingerly jumping the gaps, all the while clinging on for dear life on my guy's arms. It was worse at night with the bridge poorly lighted. What a relief it was when I first saw the new bridge of solid concrete with lots of lamp poles.
panama city beach hotels and motels For some time, after finding out about sky lanterns, I wanna release one. There wasn't panama city beach hotels and motels any around during my first visit. This time, we chanced upon a street panama city beach hotels and motels vendor selling them bought the biggest available. The kind lady seller helped us prepare it, lit the fuel even provided a marker pen to write my wishes on the lantern. For luck, health prosperity, we released a beautiful sky lantern!
We, my guy me, are not food lover or foodies as they are known. panama city beach hotels and motels To us, food is just to sustain our body. Sometimes, we even find it a nuisance having to waste time looking for food. He can eat anything edible. No fuss. Me is a little more timid, less adventurous. So, he usually adhere to my choice of food or venue I preferred Western cuisine panama city beach hotels and motels over Asian ones. =P
I'd changed my mind regarding my favorite restaurant in Aonang. Last year, it was Aning, but found that their standard had dropped. Now, I found a better one, Lacasa Italian Restaurant. Not as richly decorated as Aning, but the staffs, including the husband wife owners, are very friendly helpful. panama city beach hotels and motels And most importantly, their food are SUPERB! After this discovery, we took nearly all our meals there. Save the trouble of deciding panama city beach hotels and motels where to eat. LOL! =P
However, at Lacasa, they told me they can leave out most of the spicy ingredients in whatever dish we order. Not exactly a fan of Asian cuisine, but was encouraged by my guy to give it a try. So, it was at Lacasa that I had my first taste of Thai food it was so FABULOUSLY DELICIOUS that I wiped out almost everything leaving almost nothing behind. Licked the plates too, if it wasn't for etiquette. panama city beach hotels and motels =P
What I am, is beyond most people panama city beach hotels and motels imagination. Don t assume anything about me. Very private shy. Very selective about friends. Dislike conformity. Can t tolerate fools, idiots or bores. Prefer intelligent creative minds. Dull topics turn me off. Not easily impress. Hate answering personal questions. If I reply to anything, it may not be what it seems. I have a rather runaway imaginative mind. About My Blog: People kept asking why I didn t update my blog daily. My blog is more of a photo blog than a diary. panama city beach hotels and motels No photo, no write. Unlike others who write about trivial daily stuff, I only blog when significant events happen in my life, matters I want to remember or my interests hobbies. Blogging takes up time, need inspiration or mood. I want my blog to be interesting, not mundane rubbish. If I don t have the time, inspiration or mood to blog, I ll just leave it. Because of my blogging habits, recent entries may be events that happened some time ago. My blog is more of an archive of happy memories panama city beach hotels and motels for recalling or to learn from as I mature. So, I blog by my own time pace, for my own pleasure, not for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment