Sunday, July 22, 2012

This was a fun exercise and something I d like to do again. This was a pretty short trip and next ti




Sunrise over the Smoky Mountains in North Carolina Several months ago I suggested to my assistant Amy that she set up a mystery trip for me. I instructed her to contact a public relations company or tourism board for somewhere in the world and set up a trip where I would have no idea where I was going.
I ve been to Great Smoky Mountains car rental rate comparison National Park before, but it was a brief trip I took back 2009 and I was only on the Tennessee side of the park. The Tennessee side is much more touristy due to its proximity to larger cities. The North Carolina side is much quieter and more peaceful.
This morning I was instructed to go to Asheville which is an hour away from Bryson City. Today I ll be visiting Biltmore, the largest residential home in the United States and at one time, the largest in the world. It was built by George Washington Vanderbuilt II in the last 19th Century and measured over 135,000 square feet (12,500 m 2
This was a fun exercise and something I d like to do again. This was a pretty short trip and next time I d like to do something maybe a bit longer or maybe something where I have to go to an airport without knowing what destination I ll be visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment