Sunday, August 5, 2012

W e do the change jar thing to save for vacations. There are 7 of us ( me, my husband, 4 girls and 1




Patch wants to help you make some great memories of your own during cruise addict the summer of 2012. That's why we rolled out the Summer Essentials contest. Since this is the last week of the contest, we thought we'd do it up in a big way - $500 big!
Just share your best tips for saving up for summer fun or just tell us how you'd use the money. Will you take the family on a theme park weekend? Or book a room right on the beach? How about camping cruise addict in the mountains? Just post your tips or summer fun ideas in the comments section cruise addict on this article to be eligible for the drawing.
* Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia who are 18 and older. * To enter, cruise addict post a comment on this story.* All entries must be received by Aug. 3, 2012, 12:00pm Eastern Time.* You may enter once.* 1 winner will be selected in a random drawing for each week's drawing.* One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive the $500 gift card for Week Five of the contest.* Click here for complete Official Rules.
Hi...Winning this would be so wonderful! Our family, in the past 19 months, has lost four family members. Although, we are blessed in knowing they are in a far better place, we still feel the sadness of missing them .We wouldn't have to travel far but to have a chance cruise addict to enjoy some time together for fun would certainly aid our healing process. I'd love to rent a huge house big enough for all us, maybe at the beach, so we could watcch the evening sunsets cruise addict together. I find nothing more healing that n hearing the ocean while watching the sun sizzle as it sets on top of the ocean!
I would love to take the family to Disney! I have four boys ranging in age from 3-10 yrs old. They are ALWAYS cruise addict asking to go to Disney but we don't have passes and can't afford to buy tickets for all of us. ~ Karen Taylor
I coupon, buy BOGO, use extra bucks, whatever I can to save money. I only ever buy clothing that is on sale. We are also in the process of downsizing our home to save on expenses. My husband and I own a small business and have not had a real vacation in 15 years. Our daughter works full time while going to college and also really needs a vacation. We have been saving up to take her hiking in Yosemite, but we may have to wait until next year to have enough money. This would help us get there faster!
It is very difficult for us to save for rainy days. The only way we have finally figured out a way to save is on pay day we put x amount of dollars into the 4 savings accounts we have created. We have a vacation account, insurance savings account, home repairs, and our 30th anniversary savings account. We sat down and created a budget and decided how much we needed for our monthly bills and how much we needed for the above items. And then when a bill ones in, the money is taken out of the appropriate account. Let me tell you, the first time I could pay my insurance bill without worrying was super!
$500 only goes so far considering the cost of getting to a destination. We would use the money for a stay-cation, taking advantage of local restaurants, spending time at the Ringling which we so rarely do even though its so close, cruise addict and renting a boat for a relaxing day on Sarasota's bays.
500 is kinda alot. I know we are going to disney next week and staying cruise addict at fortwildrenss and my girl want to go to see the castle but going to the castle it would coast 500 for all of to go . so i told them maybe next time . so we are chillin in the campground. we haven't been to busch garden, sea world, because it cost 500 for us to go. Or even take a trip to St.augstine and teach my girls some history.
I have been wanting to take my 2 sons to Universal studios but money is tight. So I would use this to take them there. My oldest is about to start kindergarten so what a perfect way to end off the summer! cruise addict :)
We have a jar that we throw all of our loose change in throughout the year. I think most people would be surprised cruise addict at how much you can save this way! We would probably use the $500 to do some day trips to the parks. My nephew is coming to visit us this week and I would love to show him some of parks and fun things that we get to be near all the time!!
I would absolutely love to win, my kids (ages 5 and 6) have not been able to do anything this summer. We added a little one to our family last May and intended to take a few days as a family this year but were surprised this May as well with another bundle. Now with a 6, 5, 1, and 2 month old money is extra tight, my husband is going back to school and interning the next two summers so this was really our last chance to be together and do something as a family while school was out so. I know it would mean a lot to our older two to just do something as a family, however little it may be!
Can't afford a plane, cruise addict can't afford a train, can't afford the gas for the car, can't go near can't go far. But we got our bikes and we love to hike. And Florida's the state we most like. So with your help and a little cash, we'll have our Hike and Bike vacation at last!
We would either spend a day at a theme park like Disney where my 4yr old princess could meet her fave princesses (she's been begging for months) and my boys could ride the coasters or maybe a short stay at a local beach.
I would so love to win the 500 dollar prize to take my two kids and my mom to Disney. My daughter is 14 and Disney reminds her of her Grandma, who has stage 4 lung cancer. My mom has done real well with her chemo and radiation, and my daughter keeps saying she is going to take grandma to their special place now that she is feeling a bit better. Both are two of the most devoted princesses on earth.
In NY our water bottles and soda cans had a 5-cent deposit so every time we recycled these items we would put the money into a change jar. My husband and I would also deposit cruise addict our spare change into this jar. We would start in January and in December/January cruise addict during school break we would come to Florida for a vacation. This year in January we decided cruise addict to use the money to move here instead of vacation here so no vacation for us. The move was so expensive that we have not really had a chance to explore much of this beautiful place we now call home. We would love to take the $500 and do a few things in our local neighborhood we have not had the chance to do and mabye go to St. Pete Beach for a weekend. This time of year the rates are down and now we can get the Florida resident discount so $500 might buy us a few extra days of vacationing!
W e do the change jar thing to save for vacations. There are 7 of us ( me, my husband, 4 girls and 1 boy ) We put all our change in jug and when we get enough we apply it towards something we all want to do. It takes a while though to save up - especially with the use of debir cards these days and not as much cash spending . We have not saved enough this year to go anywhere so 500$ would be a great addition to our jar , but if not we will continue to save and hopefully make plans for next summer !
Everybody knows about the Florida resident deals at Disney, but did you know that there are vacation club rentals available on resort properties for half price? Search for Daves Vacation Club (dvcrequest.com), and put in your dates for the points converter. I'm staying two nights at Animal Kingdom lodge for half of the book rate. There's also a Concierge level that includes food/drinks all day, but you need to plan at least 11 months in advance for that. I'm also taking advantage of the buy one day get a year promo for both Disney water parks. You can't beat these savings, and it will help us beat the heat! Looking forward to finding the magical kid in me again.
I would pack up some camping gear, food, clothing, and bathing suits, wake my daughter up in the middle of the night, jump in the car and head to Grayton Beach State park for some last minute beach camping. There's nothing like a no-frills kinda fun before back to school. Hamburgers, hotdogs, nature trails, swimming in the gulf, beautiful sunsets, and embracing nature around.
We wanted to save for a beach vacation, so I took a cleaned out peanut cruise addict butter jar, put a picture inside of a great beach and palm tree, and we stuffed it with extra cash here and there starting a few months before school ended. I will admit to taking some cash out when I need it fast - school lunches, etc. But it was a fun way to save and we were inspired by the gorgeous beach picture to save!
Since being diagnosed with a progressive neurological condition, I have been unable to work, and money has been tight. cruise addict We have 2 boys in college, and a 6 and 11 year old at home. We pinch pennies, clip coupons cruise addict and conserve utilities to get by. My husband works full time, serves in the National Guard and is working on his masters degree. He works so hard for us and to be able to have a vacation anywhere for him to be able to relax and enjoy without worrying about the cost would be amazing! Also, my awesome kids have really stepped up to help when I'm having a hard time and they could really use a fun vacation too!
My honey and I have been married 26 years and dated for 6 years prior. cruise addict We have never had a vacation ever. We didn't have a honeymoon either. Got married New Years Eve and went back to work the Monday after the holiday. We both work and we have a 21 year old son that goes to college and works part time. He has been a late in life blessing for both of us. If we are chosen, I think a week at the beach would be delightful.
i would take my little sisters to the nickelodeon resort because they love spongebob and Dora and they have been wanting cruise addict to go every time they see it advertised on tv but my parents have not had the money to take them. With $500 we could stay there for a few days and enjoy the water activities and probably even have breakfast with the characters. They would love it!
My large family usually cruise addict has a garage sale in the summer and we sell all the items that we no longer have any use for and clothing that

No comments:

Post a Comment