Sunday, August 12, 2012

I tend to spend most of my time planning for a vacation and not actually getting organized, but with




I tend to spend most of my time planning for a vacation and not actually getting organized, but with a little renaissance hotel baltimore thought ahead of time, you can take care of all your loose ends so you don t stress out when you return home!
Check the expiration date on your passport.  Most countries require you to have at least 6 months of validity left in order to enter the country.  Since even expedited processing of USA passport renewals can take 2-3 weeks , you ll want to make sure you have time to take care of this, just in case!
Confirm renaissance hotel baltimore all travel arrangements .  Look out for any schedule changes on flights or other transportation and make sure it still works with your intended renaissance hotel baltimore itinerary (call the airlines to check on your other options renaissance hotel baltimore if the changes are significant and no longer work for you!).  While you re at it, check with the hotels to make sure your reservation wasn t accidentally renaissance hotel baltimore lost and double check you booked everything for the correct day(s) .
Make arrangements with someone to watch your home while you re gone .  Having a neighbor or friend keep an eye on your home is just a smart idea, so make sure to leave your contact information with them in case they need to get ahold of you.  If you re traveling without your furry friend, make arrangements for pet care while you re at it.
Have print-outs of all confirmations packed to bring along with you.   By this point, you ve probably sorted out any issues with your confirmations, and are ready to get organized.  I prefer paper copies to everything, since they re easier to share with front desk associates if necessary, but if you prefer electronic versions, keep everything sorted in a way that makes sense to you, in email folders, saved copies, or other options.
Gather maps and other essentials.   Don t wait for the night before a trip to frantically download maps to your GPS.  I ve done that, and the results either leave you stressed or end up costing twice as much as expected.  And yes, atlases and other maps are still handy in a digital age.
Stop at the Bank to Get Small Change.  In a world that s becoming increasingly cashless, it s still nice to have cash on hand for tips.  Don t find yourself at the airport needing to tip $1-2 when you only have twenty-dollar bills from the ATM.  A few loose bills can go a long way.
Empty your wallet and bring only what s necessary .  Do you really need a dozen cards in your wallet?  I like to bring two different types of cards (i.e. a Visa and MasterCard) in case a merchant doesn t accept all card types, but chances are you don t need a ton of other options beyond the first two or three cards.
Clean the house.  Trust me, I ve forgotten to throw out perishables in the fridge, wash the dishes, and empty the garbage before a trip and it s not a pleasant smell when you return.  Do it ahead of time; it s twenty minutes well spent!
Be Energy Efficient.  Vacation is expensive enough as it is, so save a few bucks at home by turning off the air conditioning/heating, unplugging electrical devices, and turning your water heater down/off.  There s no reason to keep everything running when you re not at home to use it!
For 2 weeks before, I d also add to check the expiration date on your credit cards. I once traveled with an expired card having put the new card in my checkbook which, naturally, I d left at home. Oops!
@Deirdre, oops! That s a great point often the cards I bring with me when traveling internationally are not the same as my everyday cards at home (since avoiding foreign transaction fees ends up being more important renaissance hotel baltimore than rewards), so it s possible those cards have gotten dusty enough to expire! Thanks for the tip!
I'm just a girl in her 20s with a huge case of wanderlust. I want to see the world - and I need a little help from discounts renaissance hotel baltimore and promotions to make it happen! This is my quest to earn free travel in a realistic way. I'll grab the easy airline miles and hotel points for award redemptions, renaissance hotel baltimore and look for ways to save money while paying for the rest. I'm ready to get out and explore, and am looking forward to all the adventures waiting for me! It might be softcore miles, but it's definitely hardcore travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment